DOOZY is an experimental magazine and events series founded 2022 in Bristol, UK.
Dedicated to publishing under-represented and under-appreciated art from emerging creatives. We host parties, events and exhibitions that provide a space of refuge for art, not content.
Born out of a frustration with the self satisfied seriousness and inaccessibility of the mainstream art-world, we want to create zines and exhibitions that offer both exposure and advice to an emerging generation of artists, writers, and creatives. In a climate fuelled by the need for an ever more algorithmically acceptable and polished stream of content, we want to draw back the curtain and encourage the importance of failure, play and silliness within the creative process as an antidote to the dry seriousness and philosophical headiness of the contemporary arts and culture world.
Our vision can be summed up like this:
We want to...
1. Create an eye opening, visually stunning magazine filled with artists work that also features useful articles and information for creatives looking to break into the world of arts and culture.
2. Throw entertaining and accessible multimedia events.
3. Explore and centre the importance of play, humour, institutional critique, and absurdity as both a creative process and as a curatorial/editorial methodology.
4. Connect emerging and under-represented artists with a community of potential collaborators, curators, and buyers.
5. Democratise information and industry knowledge in the creative professions to help those seeking to enter the industry.
If you have any questions or want to get involved with the DOOZY production team please email us at:
If you wish to be featured in DOOZY magazine and have the opportunity to sell and exhibit your work at the launch party please look over the DOOZY 002: BRIEF or alternatively if its a written submission please read through DOOZY READS for a chance to be featured in the magazine and online blog (coming soon).